What is Difference Between Static Vs Dynamic Webpage ?
Static Vs Dynamic Webpage
There are different types of terminologies being used by IT professional for categorizing the web pages based on their functionality. Technically, website is categorized in two parts one is Static web pages and the other is dynamic web pages.
What is Static Webpage?
A static web page (flat page) is a web page that is provide to the user exactly as stored content on web server. It serve same information to all users from all context subject to modern capabilities of a web server to negotiate content-type or language of the document where such versions are available and the server is configured to do so.
How static webpage works?
As described in image; web browser (local machine) sent request to web server over HTTP who identify the URL and based on request they provide response mostly in HTML form without processing request using additional web application like Database/web script etc.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Static Web Pages:
- It require basic (HTML) web programming skills
- No particular web server hosting is required, It can run on almost any web servers like linux/widows etc…
- It can run without any additional web application or external devises.
- It is very difficult and time consuming to maintaining large number of static pages.
Reference: What is Static Web Page
What Is Dynamic Webpage?
Dynamic webspage is the page which is prepared by using database or additional web applications to provide response based on particular user and their request. For example; ecommerce websites/web directories/ social media websites etc.
How Dynamic Websites Works?
As described in image, when a web server receive http/https request from local web browsers; it provide response after processing client side scripting and database driven content according to request and provide response in form of HTML, RIA (rich internet application), DHTML etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Dynamic Web Pages:
- It require in-depth web programming knowledge
- Require specific web servers to host web pages based website requirement which is costlier as compare to static web hosting.
- Large set of data cab me managed easily using dynamic web scripting language where you can process data with batter security and integrity.
Reference: What is dynamic web page
You can visit Wikipedia or other web resource shared on specified page for more details about Static vs Dynamic Websites.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.