What is a better value, fixing your broken laptop or buying a new one
A laptop has become an essential part of people’s lives whether they have to complete some work or interact throughout social media. One of the most important questions that laptop users will eventually have to face is whether to replace the laptop completely or repair it. You will want to choose the most inexpensive method.
The first step that should be taken is determining and pinpointing the exact problem. Different parts in the laptop vary in price so if it is a small complication than it would be more affordable to replace the part. If you cannot determine the exact reason than a repair shop should be consulted. Keep in mind that a consultation can cost up to $70 dollars. The diagnostic will give you an idea on whether it will be worth the money.
There are a couple of questions that can help you decide whether fixing a broken laptop will be worth it.
- How much will the new laptop cost? If the price of fixing the laptop is about 1/3rd the price of a new laptop than it would be better to purchase a brand new laptop. It would be better not to repair the laptop if the repair costs are too high.
- How old is the laptop? If the laptop is more than 5 years old than it is recommended that the repair not take place.
- Which part will need to be replaced? If a logic board gets damaged than it would be best to not follow through with the repair. If the hard drive gets damaged than the repair might be worth it.
- Will the warranty cover the costs? If you need the repair within the warranty time frame than it would be best to get the repair. You should never spend money on the laptop unless you know the warranty has ended.
If you decide to repair the laptop than a few questions will help you out:
- What will be the warranty for the repairs? Most repairs will have a warranty of 90 days but you should be able to negotiate some different terms.
- How long will it take to fix? If it will take too much time to repair and you cannot survive for that time frame than it should not be repaired.
- Will the files be backed up? It is important to ask this question so that you do not lose your programs and files.
Whether you decide to buy a new laptop or repair an existing one, it is best to always choose the option that is most affordable.
About the Author:
Blair Thomas is an electronic payment expert, who loves all things finance and planning. He is one of the eMerchantBroker co-founders so if you’re looking for an offshore merchant account provider you’re on the right track with contacting eMerchantBroker. When Blair isn’t running his business, he’s more than likely exploring his other interests; producing, biking and the outdoors.
5 Steps that Can Protect Your Great Idea
The well known quote from unknown author says that “Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.” Even a small great idea can change life of millions of people if implemented correctly but it is very important for SMBs to protect them from competitors. Here [...]
Infographic Resume – Is it the way forward?
Creating Infographic resumes is the latest style followed by job seekers. With the high rate of unemployment every job seeker strives hard to make their resume unique so that they stand out in an interview. It is well understood that your resume is the first guide that you give an employer to know more about [...]
Is the Dominance of the iPad in the Tablet Market a Sure Thing?
As our society becomes a more mobile society, portability is an important issue for consumers of digital technology. The availability of Wi-Fi hotspots across the world and the development of thousands of useful and entertaining applications are two things that are helping to drive the success of tablets.When Apple launched its first iPad in 2010, [...]
Google Merchant Introduced New Destination Called Shopping for Feeds Targeting the US
Google merchant center is working hard to improve their shopping search experience since last couple of months. Recently they announced changes in Google product ads and now they have announced new destination called Shopping that replaces Product advertisement and product search for the feeds targeting the US. The Shopping destination targets your items to both [...]
Selecting the Perfect Ink Cartridge for Your Printer
Although more and more people are beginning to use mobile devices for sharing pictures and other files, there is still a need for printers in various industries, educational institutions, as well as for personal use. But of course, using a printer means having to constantly replace its ink cartridges. The same is true whether it’s [...]